Alright, the Hitler comparison is a bit of an exaggeration, however, those little snippets that you see over the shameful blue background? They are true. True to the dot. Some people read horror stories, I read the news on Perussuomalaiset*, daily, and it gives me the jitters.
Don’t get me wrong! There are many Nationalistic, Fascist, Racist and pure obstinately evil political groups around the world. Lets look at the first world, “modern era”, advanced nations, shall we?
We’ve got ;
- National Democratic Party of Germany, Aryan League, Pamyat, National Socialist Front, British National Party, American Freedom Party, Identity Bloc, and then there is Perussuomalaiset, translated into English as True Finn’s.
Why, you may wonder, is everyone talking so much about them? Why, you may ask, are Anti-Racism groups, human rights watchdogs and immigrant groups getting their knickers in a bunch over this political party?
Well, remember that list of examples I just showed you about various Nationalistic, fascist or racist political parties?, well, here is the catch. What’s unique to Perussuomalaiset, is that the party as a whole “DENIES” responsibility over its individual members statements. Normally you will see something like this,
……….for you English speaking folks, it says ” Sademiehen’s (one of the parties cronies) comments are his own opinion and do not reflect the opinion of the Perussuomalaiset parties”.
Here is an updated list from 2015, related to the parties new immigration program.
- Lowering the refugee quota
- Opposition to the planned burden-sharing mechanisms of the Common European Asylum Policy
- Opposition to using public funds to advance multiculturalism
- Tightening the conditions of family unification by migrants
- Allowing the immigration of workers from outside the EU and EEA countries only if they are found to be necessary in a given field in a means test by the Finnish Labour Office
- Making sure that migrants living on welfare benefits are not concentrated in the same areas
- Outlawing begging on a public place
- Ending positive discrimination
“Opposition to using public funds to advance multiculturalism!”, you scream? Yuppers. Exactly that. Ditto.
So, lost in thought I am, wondering where this road will lead to, wondering how a cradle of humanity, one of the first to give women the right to vote, one of the smallest countries to take on an enemy 10 times its size, and defeat them with more than 100,000 causalities on the loosing end. A country that invented one of the strongest, long lasting phones, created the first studded winter tire’s, managed to get itself a AAA credit rating, has a much loved ice hockey team, is (was) considered to be the birth place of Death metal, can stoop so low as to accept and tolerate constant badgering towards anything that moves or breathes “foreign”, coming from public figures, who’s sole responsibility is to keep society together, create harmony and build bridges to success for everyone, regardless of color, caste or creed.
I guess we will find out, shan’t we?
– musing’s by Marshall Niles